Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Work!

I work now. It's what I do. I'm employed. So gleeful am I, to have an income and a simple purpose every day.

I realized that when you don't have a designated "job" that you do, you can only give yourself hobby-centric goals for so long before you start to feel as though you lack a purpose in life. Waking up before the sun rose to shower because there was a reason to be up and getting ready felt sort of liberating the first time I did it this week. No more wasted time. No more failing to set an alarm because I feel I have no need to be up for anything.

Even if I am selling produce and getting to know the local grub and the local farm economy, I'm pleased as punch to be doing it. It doesn't hurt that I love food, and spend my day eyeballing all the treats available while I fantasize about what I'd concoct with them...

But anyway, I have a job. I'm making a little bit of money. My boss(es) are super nice, and even listen to my ideas.

Oh, and I get to be outside all the time. In Maui. Under the shade of a big ole tree. Spectacular.

2 comments:

Julie said...

oh man! it sounds like a dream job! sign me up ;o)

Beth said...

Yay! Congratulations!