Sunday, April 26, 2009

Time Flies!

Our third long run was scheduled for today.

We've had bad dust/sand storms here in Arizona, so I had to make use of the gym. 5 miles on a treadmill is not fun. Especially since my only scenery was the mirror in front of me, and I don't like looking at myself while I run.

It was one of my worse runs. Last week, 5 miles was enjoyable. This week, painful and slow.

Madeline has said that her run wasn't much fun, either. She didn't have a lot of sugar in her tank, and thinks that was slowing her down.

Madeline is our little cheerleader. Once in a while, she keeps me and Alicia cheerful with a few well-chosen words of encouragement. I'd like to share this week's Madeline-ness:

“Success isn't how far you got, but the distance you traveled from where you started.” (Famous running quote)


Alicia is feeling better! I'm hoping to hear some more updates from her soon. She's discovered that Royal Flush (her black lab) is quite the enthusiastic runner, and is teaching her, run after run, that running can bring a little extra happiness to the day!

No comments: