Monday, April 19, 2010

Paper

Tomorrow, I get paper in the mail.

Blank, plain paper with nothing printed on it. Absolutely nothing.

And I am ecstatic!

Never in my life have I been so excited about paper!!

It took several weeks of exploring both this island and Maui in search of paper that would be practical for the printing of our wedding invitations. In a down economy, most places that would typically supply paper had liquidated their supplies. And once you liquidate a supply of anything on an island in the middle of the Pacific ocean, there's a good chance it isn't going to show up on shelves any time soon.

(Side note, that scared me into realizing that if anything catastrophic happened on the mainland, those of us in Hawaii would just be rationing things like food, medicine, and water until we ran out).

But! I found what I needed online. And dag gummit, UPS says it's going to get here on time and everything!

Which takes a weight off my shoulders and makes me feel so, so happy.

Ah, the simple things.

No comments: