Thursday, December 10, 2009

Aloha!

We made it! It's gorgeous. 10,000 ft mountains on one side of our house, an ocean view on the other. Wow. Just, wow.

Living out of boxes. No hangers, no dressers, no furniture, so nowhere to put anything. Not that it matters. Why spend any time indoors when I can be out in the sun?

Some time this week, though, I'll be confined to the indoors. Much to do! Must organize, paint, get furniture and arrange it, do some cleaning, stock the kitchen... it's going to be great when it's done. I may hate packing, and not be the biggest cleanign enthusiast in the world, but I actually do love homemaking. And I will make this place home if it takes all week!

Going to Oahu today for Isaac's company Christmas party in Honolulu. Should be fun!

Pictures to come...eventually. Hopefully sooner than later.

P.S. I didn't realize how great it would be here. I don't think I'm really going to miss Chinle as much as I thought I would...

2 comments:

Julie said...

Glad you made it safely! Post pictures SOON!!!
I won't take it personally that you aren't going to miss Chinle like you thought you would ;o)

The Schaefers Go To Hawaii said...

Aww I miss the people IN Chinle. I can't replace you guys. But the new place has become more appealing than the old one. I wasn't expecting that, for some reason.

Miss you guys already! Wish you guys were here so I had some fun friends to go adventuring with!