Thursday, October 1, 2009

2.5 days

Tomorrow I fly to Oregon. Saturday, I introduce my parents to my future in-laws. Sunday, I run the Portland Marathon!

It has been a very stressful and sad week. It may have interrupted my "mental preparation," but there's nothing I can do about that now.

A weekend in Oregon, and 26.2 miles on my feet, and I will return to Arizona a marathon runner!

Can't say I'll take on the challenge again at this point, but I'm glad I made a season in my life to challenge myself to something truly difficult, both mentally and physically. (And let me just say, if you've never taken up long distance running, you may NOT tell me that it is not mentally challenging.)

I will post next week about the marathon and I'm sure I'll have some thoughts and feelings to share about it.

1 comment:

Katie K said...

GO NATALIE!!!! WOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!! That's what I'd be saying if I were there cheering you on...the whole 26.2 miles. Just remember that. GO NATALIE!!!! YOU'RE AMAZING!!!! Do it for you, for your family, for your friends, for Kalli. This race is yours and we are all sooooo proud of you!!!!